The Philosophy Department offers a minor in addition to the major. The minor enables students who are interested in studying philosophy but who choose not to be a philosophy major to receive recognition for their philosophy coursework on their transcripts. The requirements for the philosophy minor are as follows.
A total of 18 PHL credits, including:
- One of the following courses in History and Traditions of Philosophy:
- PHL 210 – Ancient Greek Philosophy
- PHL 211 – Modern Philosophy
- PHL 212 – Latin American Philosophy
- PHL 213 – Africana Philosophy
- PHL 214 – Indigenous Philosophy
- One of the following courses in Logic:
- PHL 130 – Logic & Reasoning
- PHL 330 – Formal Reasoning
- PHL 432 – Logic and its Metatheory
- At least one 400 level PHL course.
- Additional credits in PHL courses to reach 18 total PHL credits